Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Aftermath

Well, we went public (very) with our news last week... and not a lot has changed, except that it really does feel more real to me. And I can't go anywhere without being asked how I feel! Which is usually not so hot, although it is getting better. The grandparents (and aunts, and great-aunts) are positively glowing, whether I am or not! :) I am still very excited, though, and I'm glad to not have to hide things anymore. If I'm tired, I can act tired. If I'm sick, I can act sick. And everybody is so excited for me, it's hard not to get really excited myself (as if I wasn't already). Today I was taking my Sunday afternoon nap (it used to be I took a short nap on Sunday afternoon, now all of Sunday afternoon IS a nap) and Josh laid his head on my belly and started talking to our baby. Now, I know the baby really probably can't hear yet, but it was just th sweetest thing, and I found myself fighting tears. I'm so excited to get started on this new adventure, and I couldn't be more excited about the husband, family, and extended support that is joining us!

No comments: