Tuesday, May 05, 2009

It's HERE!

Our new couch came in weeks ahead of schedule, which was a nice surprise! And Dad was nice enough to meet Josh at the warehouse with one of Kemper's box trucks to pick it up, so we didn't have to worry about smashing it into the Suburban. Then Mom & Dad helped us unload the new couch, and load up the old one for Dad to sell. And the new couch is loving its new home in our living room... almost as much as we love having it there!

Anyway, I know you just want pictures, so here you go...
Laney, of course, was a BIG help in getting the couch unloaded. First, she showed us how to go UP the ramp...

...then how to go DOWN the ramp. (Notice the old couch sitting in the front yard: Mom, Ruth and I carried it out like half an hour before the new couch got there... and then we sat in it for awhile... in our front yard... Whiskey Tango, anyone?)

Laney also made sure to help Daddy while he put on the legs of the couch.



And, TA-DAH! Here she is...

The pillows actually came with the couch, which was a nice surprise as well! And it looks really dark in that picture, but the pictures with the flash look really tan... so you'll just have to come over to truly appreciate the new couch! Charlie has already given it the seal of approval: he can stretch out full length on it. It is huge, and it takes up a good portion of the living room. But it is so comfortable, and I think we're going to love being able to all pile on it to watch a movie... however many of us there end up being!

Anyway, so there it is, the new couch. Now we just need to get through until July, when I can start ripping off wallpaper and painting, painting, painting!!

Notice the hand weights and water bottle by the couch? I've been getting my butt kicked by the 30 Day Shred DVD. Usually hate work out dvds... love this one. It's only 20 minutes of a work out, and I totally feel like I'm going to die by the end. Even I can squeeze in 20 minutes! Anyway, I'm on day 8, and I've worked out 6 of those days. Which is pretty darn good! Just in case you were looking for a good toning work out...

2 comments:

jess said...

I seriously laughed outloud at the vision of you, Mom and Ruth sitting on the old couch in the FRONT YARD!! Totally WT, and I love it!!! It looks beautiful, can't wait to test it out myself in a few weeks. It's awesome!

Liz said...

Pretty couch! Whoo hoo! I love new furniture. Do you feel like a real grown up yet? I know we are officially, but we didn't feel like it until we bought Charlotte her big girl bed. All the other furniture in our home has been handed down, or paid for by someone else. There is nothing like buying your own brand spanking new furniture. Even though paying for it kinda sucks :)