Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finally

Well, I know I've been absent from the blogging world, but I have been pretty obsessed with finishing Laney's baby book. If you don't already know, I found a software (at http://www.blurb.com/) that will take my blog and kind of suck in the pictures and the writing. So I hooked the baby blog up with that software, and let it do its thing! What it doesn't do is format the text, or put any variety in the layout (all of the pages have six pictures down the side, whether there were zero pictures or 32 on the post) of the pages. So I've been going back through and doing the formatting and editing part. Since it started at around 200 pages, and is still about 185 almost done, it's been quite the project! So, that's my excuse... and I've given up on finding time to do a post about our 4th of July trip/visit with Jess. So, you'll just have to check out her blog to see pics and read stories!


I did decide that I needed to post a few pictures from the last few weeks, mostly from the Boone County Fair! Laney and Josh and I went one evening just to check it out. Elena loved all of the lights and noises and action, and, of course, the ANIMALS! They had a free petting zoo with all kind of exotic animals (like camels and a buffalo) along with some not-so-exotic (like goats and pigs). We bought a little cup of food at the gate, and let Elena feed them. She was beyond excited! And, really, the pictures speak for themselves, so here they are...

We started with the camel, and she was pretty unsure of the whole thing...

But she pretty quickly got the hang of the whole feeding thing, and progressed to all out, full body screams and shrieks!


Like I said, total joy!


And, well, if a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a video worth? :)



We were going to ride the merry-go-round at the fair, but the line for tickets was forever long, and we didn't really want to wait in it. Plus, we figured we could ride the merry-go-round at the mall for $1 anytime! So we decided to let Laney ride the ponies instead. Definitely a good choice, she was in HEAVEN! She is still talking about it, a week later (which is impressive attention span from a toddler)!





Anyway, the fair was definitely worth the trip and the time.

We've been outside enjoying the nice weather lately, and Laney has discovered Isabelle's doghouse! At least she brought her dog in there with her!


I also finally broke down and cut Laney's hair... kind of. I actually just took little scissors and trimmed her bangs so they weren't hanging in her eyes. Anyway, I didn't think I cut very much off, but something about having the bangs go straight across instead of being all ragged really made a difference. And, I realized this afternoon, TOTALLY made her look like a little girl! So I had to take a picture to share... she just looks so big to me now!


Anyway, so there's a short update... and we're headed to Springfield this weekend, and plans include Silver Dollar City AND the Zoo... so I KNOW there will be lots of cool pics from those activities! I promise to post them quickly (ish)! :)

2 comments:

EllensCreativePassage said...

That picture of Laney in the doghouse reminds me of the picture I have of Charlie and Liz in the doghouse on my old deck!
Love the camel picture! Laney looks like a natural on that horse!

jess said...

I love the screeching in the video (and you can practically hear it in the still photos too).....I love how excited she gets about animals!

Love you guys!