Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Party

Josh & I went to the bank's annual Christmas party last Saturday night. They always have it at the Expo Center, and it's usually a pretty good time. After all of the changes that have happened in his department over the past year, I was kind of afraid we (or at least I) wouldn't know anyone there. But Josh's boss had a party at his house last weekend, so I got to meet most of the people then, and we had some common ground to talk about this weekend- namely, all of us looking like idiots playing Wii tennis and getting schooled by Dave's (Josh's boss) 8 year old son. Anyway, so this weekend's party, which was a little more formal, ended up being a really good time. Every year the bank gives the employees who go to the party a gift, and this year it was a portrait. They had a little photography "studio" set up there, kind of like at proms and such, and we got our picture taken. I thought it was a neat idea because we were all dressed up, and (at least Josh and I) never have pictures taken of the two of us. So, here we are...

Turned out to be an ok picture... I do look taller than Josh because I was wearing 4 inch heels (yes, me... aren't you impressed?). Mostly I was only wearing those because I couldn't find my traditional 1 1/2 inch black heels, so I was wearing the 4 inch gold heels I wore at Jessie's wedding. We did decline the invitation to join in with the professional dancers and learn the hustle during the party. Somehow I thought the hustle & 4 inch heels would be a bad combination... at least with my gazelle-like grace! But we sure had fun watching the people who were brave enough to learn! Anyway, we had a good time, and it was a good chance for Josh and I to have some grown up time, and just a chance to get all dolled up and go out for an evening, even if it was just a work party!

And, for the record, I'm posting this at 11:45 on a Monday morning in my PJs because IT'S A SNOW DAY! I love being a teacher... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! That's a really good gift idea.

There's been some grumbling from your little sister today about how she didn't get a snow day, but you did!

-Mom

Anonymous said...

Great picture! That's a really good gift idea.

There's been some grumbling from your little sister today about how she didn't get a snow day, but you did!

-Mom

jess said...

Love your red shirt!! Really pretty on you! What a great idea to give a nice portrait as a gift. And kudos for braving 4 inch heels :)

I wish I still got snow days! ENJOY!!