Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Settling In

Well, everyone in the house is settling in, though it means something different for each of us! For Josh and I, we are slowly getting everything unpacked, and this weekend we are going to spend Saturday hanging up pictures and unpacking the last few boxes. We are loving our new house and our new yard, and I'm so excited to get everything put away so I can start thinking about decorating the nursery!


For Truman, however, settling in seems to involve finding all of the new napping spots, and all of the good places to hide. Numerous times over the last couple of weeks I've found myself racing for the camera before he moves from whatever nook or cranny he's found. Most of the time the little rat moved before I got back, but I did manage to capture the following pictures...

In our closet and In the entertainment center

In a bag and In the tiger lillies... where else would a tiger be?!

Isabelle has had a tougher time settling in, since she spent the first 9 days locked up at the pound. But she is home now, and happy, and seems to be adjusting well. She didn't have such a good day at the vet on Thursday, but she is much happier now. She has a new pool, a new dog house, and a huge yard. I think she misses her friends next door, but I'm certain she doesn't miss the bark collar, so it's probably a good trade off. Josh and I just make sure we play with her more so that she doesn't get lonely. And she certainly seems to have found her new favorite napping spot, one day when I got home from work this is what I found...
So, if you were wondering, we are all settling in and loving our new house and yard! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isabelle seems to be relieved she's out of doggie jail.
Nothing like a good shade tree!

jess said...

Isa looks so happy and relaxed, which is a new term for her! The privacy fence I'm sure decreases her stimulation-overload. And of course your "tiger" seems to have no problem exploring his new den.

Love you guys!