Sunday, March 28, 2010

Birthday Fun!

Last week we got together to celebrate the March birthdays- Ellen and Josh!  It was a Monday night, so the party didn’t last too long, but we sure had a good time!  Josh got to pick the dinner, and he picked Hot Dog City, which is basically really good hot dogs, with every kind of topping you can imagine- cole slaw, chili, onions, tomatoes, ketchup, relish, mustard, sauerkraut… anything and everything you might POSSIBLY want to put on a hot dog!  We even got lucky, and it was a beautiful day outside, so Sam grilled the dogs for us, which meant they were extra tasty!  We let both of the birthday people choose their own dessert, so we had a french vanilla cake (Josh) and a cherry pie (Ellen).  I made the cake, and it looked pretty awful!  One layer fell apart taking it out of the pan, but I kind of stuck it back together and used it for the bottom.  Looked pretty good, until I got it to Mom & Dad’s, and when I opened the carrier, it looked like San Francisco after an earthquake: 

DSC_0452

But, it tasted pretty good, so I guess the taste is more important!  And we still got 29 candles on there, and got them all lit… eventually!

DSC_0441

Lots of candles!! :)  Grandma Jo joined us for the fun, too!

DSC_0449

The cherry pie Mom made for Ellen came out looking BEAUTIFUL… but it was too hot to put any candles in, so Ellen just had to hold her candle!

DSC_0453

Funny thing about the picture of Ellen, is it’s totally staged.  The guests of honor were sitting on opposite sides of the table, and I was trying to take pictures of both of them.  Well, I took a picture of Josh while we were singing, and then tried to get to the other side of the table to take one of Ellen… yeah, I got stuck with my big pregnant belly and couldn’t get through!!  So the song was over and the candles out before I could get a picture!  So, we made Yaya relight her candle and took the picture again… never a dull moment!

After hot dogs and cake and ice cream, we rounded out the evening with some bowling action on Mom & Dad’s new Wii… I mostly just got stomped by Josh and Charlie, but it was fun anyway! 

Happy birthday to Josh and Yaya! :) 

No comments: