Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!



So Josh and I decided to get (slightly) into the Halloween spirit. We carved a lovely (if somewhat deranged) jack o' lantern on Monday night. I see now why we didn't always carve them as kids... it's a huge (and disgusting) pain to clean out the insides! Blech! Anyway, we of course had a bowl of candy for kids who came trick-or-treating tonight. Our favorite visitors were Brian and Jenny and their kids, Samuel and Abby. That's Samuel with Josh, he was adorable in a Superman costume that was really pajamas. And Abby had a costume, too, even though she's only a month or two old. She was a hot tamale, complete with green hat/stem. Too cute!! Other than those two, we didn't have too many kids. Which mostly means Josh and I have more candy for us... just what we need! I'm just excited because, now that Halloween is out of the way, the more important holidays (Thanksgiving and especially Christmas) can start! :) Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jess said...

What a cute (albeit slightly deranged) pumpkin!! And I love Truman's face in the picture, like "your bothering my napping by carving that pumpkin" :)

Anonymous said...

I agree...carving pumpkins is disgusting and with my lack of artistic flair and fear of knives was always stressful for me! That's why your dad or Ellen were in charge and I was the cleanup crew! Everyone has their job. Very cute picture of Josh and Samuel!

-Mom

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of Josh in his Superman shirt and the little boy in his Superman outfit. Imagine how wonderful this picture will be when it's of Josh and his child in Superman outfits!!
(Hint, hint, hint)

Dad
(A patiently waiting G/pa-To-Be)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Josh & Samuel. He always did love Halloween and of course he HAD to have the most awesome costumes. (Always a super hero of some sort.)

Love, Mom L.