Monday, October 02, 2006

(Not So) Lazy Saturday





So last Saturday we did nothing... we made up for it this Saturday! We spent the morning cleaning and doing 6 loads of laundry... I didn't know I HAD that many clothes! Anyway,I cleaned the kitchen and the downstairs; Josh cleaned the back porch and yard. Then we both worked on cleaning out the garage which was A MESS! Ever since I brought home stuff from Summer School, our garage has just been ridiculous. It was just packed with stuff, and then we got this rug from Dad to put out there for when we work out (or something). Anyway, it couldn't be unrolled, so it was laying in the only clear spot on the floor, which was where we needed to walk, so we had to walk over it every time we came in the garage. It was actually to the point where it was making me crazy... and those of you who have lived with me know.. THAT TAKES A LOT! And those of you who have lived with Josh know, if it was making me crazy, he was ready for the looney bin! Anyway, it looks lovely and neat now, and the rug is even rolled out.

So after that we decided to take our neglected, abused, and persecuted dog to Rockbridge State Park for a hike. We decided to go to Shooting Star trailhead because the Devil's Ice Box Trailhead has those wooden walkways, which are lovely for people, but small enclosed walkways, lots of people, and a dog that's kind of excitable... not so good! So we went with the more deserted Shooting Star, which is actually my favorite trail. I love it because once you come out of the woods the trail goes up to the edge of this cliff, and the view is phenomenal. Especially in the fall, when the leaves have started to turn. I always try to take pictures of it, and they never do it justice... someday I want a good camera. Anyway, after you walk away from the cliff (which usually takes awhile, just for the enjoyment of the view) you curve around through the woods, down the cliff where it's lower, and down to the creek at the bottom. Then you sort of follow the creek back. Anyway, it's a beautiful hike, and there usually aren't many people there because it's pretty far out... I say usually, because that was not the case this weekend! Well, I guess it wasn't so much the people, it was the horses! Apparently there was a trailride there Saturday! And, of course, the lovely Isabella hadn't ever met a horse before, and she was not quite sure how to react to those very large dogs that were carrying people around. She just went totally still and frozen and just stared. Then as soon as they had passed she was off, sniffing their trail. The best part was when we were playing in the creek, and there was a rather fresh pile of horse droppings... Isabella learned the hard way that horse poop is not for eating. I don't know if she minded the taste so much as she minded Josh dunking her underwater to get it off of her face (see lovely picture above)! Everybody say it with me now, in your best "Dr. Evil" voice..."No, no, we don't gnaw on..." well, I'm sure you can think of a word that rhymes with kitty! Needless to say Josh and I stayed pretty far away from her face after THAT! We did have a lot of fun, and saw the rarest of sights on the way back... Isabelle actually LAID DOWN in the back seat... so, that made the day a success... we wore out the dog! Posted by Picasa

No comments: