Thursday, June 04, 2009

Family Pics

I finally did it.


If you know Josh at all, you know he HATES having his picture taken. Don't know why, but he's always been like that (seriously, since we dated in high school. I have ONE picture of him from high school, and I took that after we broke up). But as an anniversary present to me, he agreed to get family pictures done. So we looked around... and realized we couldn't afford it. But, since we have a bonafide photographer in the family, and she was willing to do it for us, I got my present anyway! :)


We were blessed with an absolutely beautiful day on Sunday, so we headed to Shelter Gardens and just wandered around. Here are some of my favorites (I know there are a lot, but I've whittled them waaaayy down for the blog... seriously!).

One of my favorites, although we hadn't even started yet. This is just so my life: keys, sunglasses, diaper bag, holding Laney's hand.



The first round of pics sitting in the grass was the best. This will probably be one that gets framed.



This was just so sweet... little tiny hands!


I thought this one in front of the sundial was cute...


...and I liked it even more after I took the people out!
Laney had an absolute BALL watching the fish... so much fun, that she thought for a minute that her "goggie" wanted to go swimming, too... and nearly threw herself off the bridge in the process. Good thing Mommy has fast hands!
Ruth was the "photographer's assistant," which mostly means she got to shriek, yell, scream, and laugh like a maniac while bouncing Elmo up and down on Jessie's head in order to get Laney to laugh... and she got to carry the stuff! Lucky her... but she did a great job!
Laney & Ruthie... LOVE this picture!
Mischievous, anyone?
And just adorable...
Laney got tired of taking pictures pretty quickly, as you can tell from the thrilled expression on her face in this picture... "Meanest parents in the world, they make me sit here in the middle and never let me have any fun."

So we had to do some more casual, active shots... which turned out pretty cute, actually. This is Laney's favorite game- "Get" Mommy!


And the "candy" (leftover mints) in Jessie's bag was a welcome addition- we got several more good shots after that!

In case you were wondering... this face says "I WANT IT."
And, of course, what would a photography session be without a major meltdown?!

We finished off the afternoon with some serious squirrel-watching. There were 4 or 5 squirrels in a big, old tree chasing each other around and being crazy. We figured they were twitterpated, and Laney LOVED watching them.

So, despite Josh's opinion of picture-taking, we actually had a great time. And we got some really nice pictures as a bonus! Thanks so much, Jess!

3 comments:

jess said...

Great time! Hopefully better than Josh expected :) There are some really fun shots of you guys, feel like we got some very "you guys" pics! And of course, I love the melt down picture of the Lena :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are GREAT! I can't wait to get one (or a few) framed on my shelf. I am so proud of all of you - you are a beautiful family!
Love, Mom Looten

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love all the pictures! You guys are so photogenic, seriously!

And tell laney that it is completely normal to have a meltdown during a photo shoot. The girls on America's Next Top Model do it all the time! HA!