Monday, June 15, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Well, it's totally obvious that Laney is a Looten, since she looks just like her Daddy! But just in case anyone wondered whether or not she was mine, too, check out this video!



Yeah, so if you haven't already heard the stories, I totally did that when I was little. And Laney will do that EVERYWHERE- the video is on the bed, but she'll "Jump up & sit down" anywhere! It's pretty cute... By the way, in the middle, Truman walked in the room and she was "encouraging" him to get on the bed. Poor Truman, the older Laney gets, the more she tortures him. Definitely putting a kitty door on the to-do list during the painting/redecorating extravaganza in a couple of weeks (Mike? Josh? Anyone?)

In other news, Laney and her daddy survived 3 whole days without Mommy last week! I had a conference in St. Charles, so I was gone Wednesday night, and didn't get back home until Saturday afternoon! But they really enjoyed themselves, I think, and everyone was still alive and the house still standing when I got home! :)

So, the not so good news, Miss Lena has apparently turned into quite the boss at daycare. She's been hitting and yelling at the other kids... Tamra said she was the bully of the house! So, Mommy & Laney went to Barnes & Noble today, and bought some books about being a good friend and not hitting. We're going to try reading those, and just being really consistent with discipline when she does hit. But we'd love any ideas other moms have! As I told Tamra, I can't believe she's the only 2ish year old with a hitting problem! It will pass...

And now just a few cute pictures...

Trying out the stroller we bought her on our garage sale adventure a couple of weeks ago.

And the Elmo she got on the same trip.

And Laney finally has enough hair for a pony tail!! It's really tiny... but it's kinda cute! Not that we're headed out like this anytime soon!

Anyway, random update, but I just had to share that video! Enjoy!!

4 comments:

jess said...

Love the update, as usual. And great idea with reading books about hitting! Has to help somewhat!

Carol said...

She has just your flair, Liz! Nothing fancy...just jump up and sit down. I love it!

April said...

Love it! She is such a big girl! There is a great book called 'Hands Are Not For Hitting,' i think they also make ones for words (not for hurting), feet (not for kicking), etc etc. You get the idea. But for a short time we thought hitting was going to be a problem, and I actually think the book helped, or the phase just passed! Anyway, just FYI! She is so adorable!!

Josh and Liz said...

That's funny, April- that's one of the 3 that I got! I also got No Biting and No Hitting by Karen Katz. She loves to read them, so I guess that's a good start!