Thursday, January 03, 2008

First Christmas

Well, we had our first Christmas as a family of three. It's really my thing, to be in our house with our family on Christmas morning. I don't care if we drive all day after that, or come home late Christmas Eve night. I like to be in our house with our family on Christmas morning, there's just something special about that. This Christmas was certainly no exception, it was extra-special to have this first Christmas with Elena, even if she was too young to really "get" what was happening. We woke up early, traded stockings, and opened gifts. I got Josh a new MP3 player, since his was stolen with the laptop last summer. This one actually has a screen so he can organize his music, and it's much, MUCH bigger- 4 gb, vs the 560 mb one he had, and the 1 gb he had been borrowing from me. He also got two new tie chains, a Garfield calendar, and Big Smith's children's album, From Hay to Zzzz, which is what Elena got him. He got me a digital video camera, which is sweet! It records, and then you just download it straight to the computer. It's very cool. I also got a memory card reader that plugs into a USB port, which will make it much easier to transfer my pictures from the camera to my computer, and a tripod, which I think Josh got me after the Christmas pictures where I had to stack up about 40 books to get the camera at the right height. Elena got me some mommy onesies, Truman got me hair bands (so he could steal them), and Isa got me hot chocolate (to warm up with after playing with her).

Gifts aside, it was a great Christmas to spend as a new family. I can't wait until next year, when Elena will really enjoy the tree, and the presents... even if she is still more interested in the wrapping paper! This year she just tried to eat the tissue paper! :)

But the pictures are priceless... and, of course, there was more bow sticking...

The stuffed stockings... now there are three of them! :)

Someday we'll WISH we have to wake her up to open presents... but this year she was none to happy to be awake!

Though she looked pretty awake later...
The whole happy family... taken with my new tripod, then cropped with my new software that came with my video camera! When did I become such a techie?
Isabelle went to TOWN on her present- a ham bone.
Truman pretended to ignore his new toy... though I heard quite a bit of jingling later!
But nothing beats a good box full of tissue paper for a cat toy!
I hope everyone's Christmas was as merry as our's! Two more Christmas posts to go!

No comments: