Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Weather


So, seeing as how it is January, these pictures don't looks so unusual, since you would assume that it's snow... but it's not! It's actually hail outside my work. Yesterday there were major storms that moved through MO, and it made for a pretty interesting afternoon. There were tornado warnings everywhere, buses had to be turned back to their schools, and at the daycare the entire infant room spent the afternoon in the teacher's lounge (I bet that was AWESOME). True to form, I spent the majority of the storm standing on the front porch of my office building (yes, outside) watching the storm move in, then watching the hail pummel the parking lot. Thankfully, the hail wasn't big enough to damage the cars, at least not mine. It was pretty cool to watch, though, and the hail was pretty good sized. I picked some up and took a picture with my hand to show the size. It was a very cool storm, but, thankfully, no tornadoes in Columbia! And no hail damage to the new ride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic post. Thank you so much for sharing. I love to know what you all are doing. I love the pictures of Elena. I love the stories of your Christmas. I have such an interest in your family because I love each of you. You make my day Liz.

Marri said...

Hi Liz---Marri, Mike's sister, here. Just read your blog for the first time and I really enjoyed it. Congrats on the new ride! Minivans rule.