Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's National...



...Gross out Liz Day! And somebody forgot to tell me... if I would have only known, I would have called in SICK TODAY! Anyway... I went outside this morning to put the shock collar on the dog, and I noticed she was hesitant to come near me, and she was holding her mouth funny. So she finally gets to me and, what do I see, but a pair of bird feet hanging out of the side of her mouth! GROSS! So I yank open her mouth and shake her around a little to try to get it out, which of course it won't do, so I have to grab the feet and PULL it out, gag-o-matic. But I was a big girl, I scooped it up in an oatmeal container, slapped the lid on it, and threw it in the trash can without gagging once... though I did scour my hands with a brillo pad. Anyway, so I thought, great, done with my nastiness for one day... NOPE! I come home from work, and head to the mailbox to get the mail, open up the door, and the inside is TEEMING with ants. I never really invisioned "teeming" before, but I know what it looks like now! Apparently an entire ant colony has taken up residence in my mailbox, complete with HUGE pile of eggs (see pictures above). I HATE HATE HATE ants... I mean, hate with the fire of a thousand suns! So I ran in the house, didn't even bother changing clothes, grabbed the Round Up (we are out of ant killer, of course), and headed outside to deal with them. So here I stand, in my denim skirt, sandals, and sweater, hosing down the inside of my mailbox with Round Up, and wiping it out with paper towels. GROSS... lucky me, the neighbor got home while I was doing it and looked at me like I was crazy. So, needless to say, I am now DEFINITELY DONE with all grossness for today. Any other gross appointments need to see Josh... D-O-N-E, DONE!

On another note... the deputy came back by to see Josh today and wrote him a summons. Apparently this guy who is calling on our dog calls them all the time to complain about dogs... but has chosen our's to press charges against. Anyway, so now it goes to the prosecuting attorney's office, and they have to decide if they're going to prosecute. So Josh is calling them on Monday to see what happens, and we'll go from there... sheesh... Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jess said...

What happens if they press charges? Are you fined? Have to move Isa indoors or something?

Josh and Liz said...

I'm not sure... I imagine it's a fine and court costs, which will probably be pretty hefty... certainly more then I want to pay! We're just praying that it doesn't go there- here's hoping Kevin Crane (the prosecutor) is feeling reasonable!

Anonymous said...

HEY LIZ........I LOVE YOUR GROSS OUT DAY. THE BIRD AND THE OATMEAL CONTAINER CRACK ME UP!!! I WISH YOU LUCK ON THE DOG SITUATION. IT SOUNDS SO RIDICULOUS. I CAN`T BELIEVE THEY ALLOW COURT TIME FOR SUCH A RIDICULOUS THING. SEE YA....JANE

Julie said...

So sorry to hear about the trouble with your neighbor. If only there was a way to send those teeming ants to their house....hmmmm.....

Liz said...

I love this blog thing. How hilarious, the bird and then the ants. What a day. I am glad I can keep in better touch with people now. Liz Horn