Thursday, September 07, 2006

Labor Day: Monday



Ok, so I realize that it's Thursday, and I'm just now blogging about Monday, but it's been that kind of week! I don't know how the district does it, but I have had meetings every day this week. Tuesday's was until 7 (yes, PM), Wednesday and today's until 5:30. My life has been crazy... but this past weekend was still fun!

Monday started off with a bang, after Josh and I overslept and didn't wake up until 9:40. Keep in mind that we were supposed to have lunch at 11:00, and I had to peel, cut, and season 5 lbs of potatoes, before cooking them for an hour... you do the math! Add to that making caramel sauce, chocolate fudge glaze, and cleaning my house, and I was a bit stressed! Lucky for me, the Looten's were running late anyway, and Josh took WAY longer on the grill, so my potatoes were actually getting coolish, and the cheesecake was done. So we had lunch at 12:30, just a little late! But it was awesome... we had bbq chicken (or flash fried, depending on which piece you got), pasta salad, Mom Price's potatoes, veggies, watermelon, and, of course, the cheesecake. Which came out awesome, if I do say so myself... It will definitely reappear! We just had a good time visiting and enjoying each other's company before the Looten's had to head back to Springfield. We really enjoyed the visit this weekend!

After they left, though, the party was only half over! It was time to celebrate Dad's birthday, so Josh and I went birthday shopping (nothing like leaving it to the last minute) and headed out to Mom and Dad Price's with the wild animal in tow! We decided to take her out and run her around awhile, since we hadn't had time to play with her all weekend. She was in hog heaven! She just raced and raced around the yard. And, though her and Bob did get in a scuffle or two, by the end of the evening they were civil (that is, they ignored each other). Joy was hilarious, because she wanted nothing to do with Isa, and Isa wanted nothing more then to sniff Joy's, well... you get the picture. So they ran around the yard with Isa chasing Joy for awhile. Then Isa and Bob had a little tiff, and Joy decided she was safer off behind something large. So she hid behind the suburban, and you could just see her head peeking out underneath it, watching to make sure the big black pony didn't come see her. It was pretty funny. Anyway, we had bbq (again) but this time it was ribs and hot dogs, so it was pretty good. Everybody found somethign for the man who is impossible to shop for, and Dad turned 49 with style (and a huge bonfire... I mean, cake- there is a cake under all that flame, I promise).

Overall it was a very busy weekend, but we had a great time hanging out with our families! :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: