Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day: Sunday





Well, today was a nearly perfect day. Everyone came to church, and I got to eat breakfast before hand with Ruth, which is always fun. We were talking about how to set up the MHBC Youth blog, which I'm excited about (stay tuned for a link, once it's up and running). Then we had a really good church service, and headed to Grandma Looten's to get Dad and go FISHIN'! We headed out to the Thomas's lake again, only this time we had Dad's little john-boat. It was perfect! It was a little windy at first, and we were worried for awhile. But then the sun came out and the wind died down, and we just started hammering them. Well, Dad and I did! :) Josh had some trouble; he caught mostly perch, until he had the genius idea to switch his lure. He put on this huge lure, that I couldn't believe he'd even bought, considering we don't fish for WHALE very often! But this thing has like a little propeller and then a little fringe-y thing (these are all very good technical fishing terms... I'm sure Dad Looten is going to get a kick out of this!) and when you reel it in really fast it spins like a boat propeller and skims the top of the water. The bass just went crazy for it; it was awesome! So then everyone was catching lots of fish and having a great time! I stuck with my favorite lures, a white rooster tail when it's bright and sunny, a brown and red Mepps when it starts to get darker. They served me well this trip; I was the winner with the biggest fish (and only catfish). He was pretty huge, and he was a lot of fun to catch! I had to fight him for awhile because he kept diving down underneath the boat. I really thought I was going to lose him more then once! We had so much fun, just out on the lake, it was nice and peaceful (except when the Superman theme blasted from Josh's cell phone! :) ). I really do just enjoy fishing... except for the cleaning fish part. I still don't clean fish. I like catching them, and I don't mind handling them to take them off of the hook, and I like eating them... but I don't actually need to see the transition from fish to food... So I let the experts take care of the cleaning of the fish, and I helped make the rest of the meal (though I didn't do much). We had an awesome dinner, even if it was at 9:30pm!

Tomorrow everyone is coming over to our house for lunch before they head back to Springfield. We are grilling chicken, and I'm making pasta salad, Mom Price's potatoes, and a brownie/turtle cheesecake. Which is actually what I'm making right now, because I read the recipe when I got home and realized it needed to cool overnight... so here I am at 1:00 am, catching up on my blogging while my cheesecake bakes! Oh well, I think it's going to be a great dessert, and a great way to end a wonderful weekend! Posted by Picasa

No comments: