Tuesday, September 12, 2006

So Mad...

... I can't see straight. So I got to be the lucky one tonight: I was the one home when the sheriff's deputy stopped by. Apparently the individual who dislikes our dog has decided to push the issue. The first several days since this wonderful person called the sheriff, we kept the dog collared all day. That means, of course, that every time she jumped a little too vigorously, ran too fast, shook her head, or just in general did dog-like things, she got shocked. So that made me feel like the world's best mom, let me tell you. Unfortunately, that collar is not an expensive model, so it is not waterproof. Thus, the last several days while it has been raining, we have had to leave it off of her. And, yep, sure enough, our wonderful neighbor decided to call again. So I got to talk to the deputy, who was a very nice man, who apparently tried to reason with the neighbor, saying things like "Sir, it is 4:00 in the afternoon." But he (the deputy did say it was a man) is apparently NOT a reasonable person (clearly), so that didn't help. I felt bad because, of course, I was so mad upon even seeing the deputy on my doorstep that I started crying, and the deputy felt bad, and I know it's not his fault. He even said that he thinks it's pretty ridiculous, but with the laws on disturbing the peace there isn't anything he can do. So we are waiting on a call back from the deputy (since it was Josh's license he took down last time, the summons will be issued to Josh) and I just finished spending another $100 on another collar that is (clearly) more expensive and (therefore) waterproof and (hopefully) it will only shock her based on sound AND vibration. Makes me want to move... and that's the most Christian thing I can verbalize that it makes me want to do, because there's lots more that comes to mind. I feel like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. Only my wicked neighbor is a man, and my dog hasn't even left our yard...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! Isa is welcome to come to the country during the day if that will help!

-Mom

jess said...

What a jerk. That guy (who apparently has too much time on his hands during the day - job, anyone?) should have to wear the shock collar and see how he feels.